Choosing the correct site for you is the most important decision you will make. Finding the right real estate is so important as it will define your practice. We can provide a lot of background information that can assist in this decision. We have standard Assessment Sheet, which provides answers to the practical queries that will influence the cost and ability to do what you want to do.
The areas that need investigation are:
- Zoning – is the site zoned by local council for Medical Use?
- Car parking – how many spaces are required and how many are available?
- Disabled access – councils are now required to enforce the access codes which are difficult to fulfil in older buildings
- Tenancy area – are there enough square meters of space to accommodate your needs? Which direction does it face? Does it have natural light? Is there a rear entrance?
- Signage Potential – can you place signs on the outside of the building and way-finding signs on the inside?
- Emergency Assess Requirements – is there fire egress, does it comply with the code?
- Construction Access – is there a loading bay? Or contractor parking?
- Building Fitout Requirements – does the landlord have a Fitout Guide/Manual Security/After Hours Access – can you get in after hours to treat an emergency?
- Suitability of Existing Services
- Is air-conditioning installed?
- Is there ceiling space for electricals?
- Can the slab (floor) be core-holed for waste drainage?
- Is there sufficient amperage to run the practice?
- Is there sufficient water pressure for the practice?
- Are there adequate fire protection services?
- Does the building comply with the National Construction Code (NCC)?